In a recent white paper “Seven Steps to Reducing Public Cloud IaaS Expense”, Gartner argues that given pricing incentives and discounts offered by public cloud providers can be convoluted and confusing, organisations new to public cloud infrastructure may not appreciate the fundamental issues that contribute to unnecessary spend. And even when best practices are clearly understood, applying them consistently across a large deployment can prove difficult. To help organisations navigate their way through these complexities, Gartner has devised seven steps (building blocks) to better understand, manage and control costs related to cloud services. These steps are
Cloud Expense Management
These building blocks help organisations become more proactive in managing cloud related expenses, rather than wait for the problem to manifest and react to it. To address these, Fusion, a leading IT Operations and Service Management Managed Service Provider, has developed two sets of outcome-based services that fully support these Gartner recommendations.
Capacity Optimisation as a Service (COaaS)
Capacity Optimisation as a Service provides detailed analysis of how computing, network and storage resources are being utilised and provide provides visibility and control over multi-cloud costs including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, and others. In addition, COaaS analyses current and future costs and the utilization of multi-cloud infrastructure services, providing insight and control over capital and operating expenditures.
Discovery as a Service (DEaaS)
Discovery Exploitation as a Service automates asset discovery and application dependency mapping to build a holistic view of all the data centre assets, multi-cloud services and their relationships. This accuracy and consistency of the discovered data along with other relevant data sources are maintained through Fusion’s unique Data Quality Assurance service. Fusion’s DaaS fully integrates and supports the end-to-end service views required for service cost modelling offered by COaaS.
- Eliminate waste by optimizing resource usage and revealing unused services
- Simulate migrations and deploy the right resources at the right cost
- Track and manage cloud costs with visibility across multi-cloud infrastructure
- Align cloud expenses with business needs with customized views and resource costs
- Break down cloud costs and allocate to business owners across the organization
- See assets and dependencies in a single pane of glass, whether on premises or in the public or private cloud
- Empower security operations to perform essential prevention and detection
- Start mapping from any piece of information — multi-cloud, software, hardware, network, storage
- Reduce service outages with predictable change and configuration management
Simply call, email or fill out the form and we will have an account manager respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.